Plastic Water Meter Box Flat Ring and Lid for 18" I.D. Pipe or Meter Pit Tile
Flat Meter Box Ring and Locking Cover
Fits 18" I.D. Drainage Pipe or Meter Tile
Nicor Meter Box Cover
Round Top Lid for iron meter pit ring
for water meters in underground pits
This is a combination water meter pit ring and lid for use with 18" Drainage Pipe (Contech D-2000, Hancor or ADS N-12) or with 18" meter tile. Works with any single or double wall pipe. The ring slips over the pipe installed to ground level. The ring has 4 pre-drilled holes to attach it to the pipe wall. The ring then uses a standard Nicor locking C-type round lid. with brass pentagon locking nut and worm gear attachment.
Excellent for installing water meters outside for protection from frost cold. Use inexpensive 18" pipe and make your meter pits any depth necessary and as needed. Polymer cover and ring. When use with Automatic Meter Reading transmitters, the ring or lid can accept standard mounting brackets. With the bracket installed to the ring rather than the lid (see photos), the AMR wire won't get pulled if the lid is removed, but is still mounted as close to ground level as possible for optimal radio performance.
- Approximate Measurements of inner locking removable lid:
- Outer Diameter of top - 12-1/2"
- Inner Diameter (bottom) - 11-1/2"
- Thickness of top lip/flange 1/2"
- Overall Thickness - 1-1/2"
- Approximate Measurements of Outer Flat Ring:
- Outside Diameter of top flange - 19-3/8"
- Top Flange thickness - 1/2"
- Diameter of inner bottom - 17-1/4" (pipe I.D. inserted into must be at least this dimension)
- Depth of bottom section - 2" (amount inserted into pipe)
- Total Thickness bottom plus top flange - 2-1/2"
- Please note dimensions before ordering
- Polymer lid
- Radio Transparent for Automatic Meter Reading Transmitters
- Won't Rust
- No Iron scrap value to attract theft
- Light weight for shipping
- Strong H20 traffic rating safe for driveways, sidewalks and lawn vehicles
- Brass Pentagon lock nut and plastic underside worm gear
Many under-lid mounting options and brackets for most AMR/AMI radio transmitters or antennas
- Aclara - Preformed screw holes for mounting MIU (no mounting bracket needed)
- U-bracket mount available separately for standard 1.75" hole mounts. One or two brackets can be installed in preformed slots
- Includes Sensus, Neptune, Badger, and other MIU's that mount through a 1.75" - 2" industry standard "touch read" hole.
- Special Itron compatible bracket available separately for mounting 60w and 100w ERT's and Master Meter 3G XTR's
- Special brackets available custom made for Hersey/Mueller Hot Rod and MiNet transmitters (special order - contact us)
- U-bracket shown in photos is available as an option and not included.
- All brackets can install in either the underside of the outer ring or the underside of the center lid. (Brackets not included)
Quantity Purchases - If you need 6 or more of these covers, please contact us for pricing and shipping options.
We Also Recommend
Extra Strong Magnetic Valve Box Lid Lifting Tool for Water or Gas Utilities, MVB-24XS