Nicor 12.25" Type A Water Meter Box Cover with Recessed hole for Sensus
With Recessed AMR Hole for Sensus
Nicor Meter Box Cover
Round Top Lid for iron meter pit ring
for water meters in underground pits
Getting the right lid:
With "Type-A" lids, the top lip of the lid sits INSIDE THE LIP of the iron ring. First Ford Meter Box A (or W) style rings (or equal from other manufacturers such as Vestal, AY Mcdonald, Sigma, Star, etc.). If your existing ring on top of the ring edges, it is a C or X style lid and you need to see our other listings. See drawing in photos, or contact us before buying if unsure of lid type needed.
Replaces metal top lids - Iron A style ring not included.
For replacement of existing lids for better radio reading, upgrading pits, or replacing broken lids or installing Sensus units.
Recessed Hole for Sensus AMR/AMI/Touch Antennas - Recessed area allows Sensus (or other brands) antenna to be flush with the top surface of the lid. No more antenna damage from lawn mowers, snow Blowers or plows, or traffic. Reduced Trip Hazard from antenna thickness. Hole through lid is offset in the recessed area to specifically fit Sensus, but also works for Kamstrup, Badger, and some other pit lid antennas
- Approximate Measurements
- Outer Diameter of top - 12-1/4"
- Inner Diameter (bottom) - 10-3/4"
- Thickness of top lip/flange 11/16"
- Overall Thickness - 1-1/4"
- AMR Hole - 1-3/4""
- Recessed antenna diameter - 4"
- Recess area depth 1/2"
- Polymer lid
- Radio Transparent for Automatic Meter Reading Transmitters
- Won't Rust
- No Iron scrap value to attract theft
- Light weight for shipping
- Strong H20 traffic rating safe for driveways, sidewalks and lawn vehicles
- Brass Pentagon lock nut and plastic underside worm gear
Quantity Purchases - If you need 6 or more of these covers, please contact us for pricing and shipping options to we can make a bulk listing for you or take phone orders.
We Also Recommend