Water Meter Spacer Idler Tube PVC, 5 sizes available - Temporary Meter Replacement
Meter Idler tubes are the same spacing as the meter specifications for meters meeting American Water Works Association. They are used for the following:
- Installing meter couplings in the plumbing system at the correct spacing during construction before the meter is available or provided by the utility.
- Plumbing in the meter couplings without the weight of the meter during construction.
- Temporary replacement of a water meter for meter repair, testing, or servicing without using another meter while allowing temporary unmetered water use.
- Flat rate or unmetered water use in anticipation of future installation of a water meter.
Available in 5 sizes for most standard residential and small commercial meters
- 5/8" x 1/2" water meter (~ 1" O.D. threads with 7.5" spacing)
- 5/8" x 3/4" water meter or 3/4" short body meter (~ 1-1/4" O.D. threads with 7.5" spacing)
- Full 3/4" water meter (~ 1-1/4" thread O.D. x 9" spacing)
- 1" water meter (~ 1.5" O.D. thread x 10.75" spacing)
- 1-1/2" water meter (MALE THREADS) (~ 2-1/4" O.D. thread x 12-5/8" spacing)
We also have Idlers/Spacers for 1-1/2" and 2" FLANGE END meters listed separately.
If you are unsure about meter sizing, please read our meter sizing FAQ
We Also Recommend