Water Meter Idler/Spacer Bar for 1-1/2 and 2" Threaded End Water Meters
Intermediate Size Water Meter Idler/Spacer Bundled With Accessories 1-1/2" and 2" Sizes
This is a flow-through spacer or meter idler as a replacement or for spacing an AWWA standard 1-1/2" or 2" Threaded end displacement, multi-jet type, or Ultrasonic water meter of the dimensions shown below. It can be used to correctly space when pluming and the meter is not yet available, or as a temporary filler when taken out for repair. Note that turbine or compound meters may have different lay lengths, so check with your utility or measure your meter to be sure of the correct length.
PVC Flow Tube with correct spacing and thread size for 1-1/2" and 2" meters. Includes Two (2) 1/8" thick EPDM rubber meter gaskets. Light weight - only 7-8 pounds. Easier that using actual meter to install. Flow through can be used as temporary bypass when a meter is removed for repair or testing, or not yet available on new construction. Can be used for flat rate billing when pre-plumbing for future metering.
Meter Couplings not included but available separately.
|Specification||1-1/2" Meter Idler/Spacer||2" Meter Idler/Spacer|
|Total Lay Length||12-5/8"||15-1/4"|
|End Type||1-1/2" Meter Thread
||2" Meter Thread|
|Thread Size||1-1/2" Male Meter Thread||2" Male Meter Thread|
|Pipe Material||Schedule 40 PVC||Schedule 40 PVC|
|Gaskets||1-1/2" EPDM Included (2)||2" EPDM Included (2)|
- Spacer to prepare plumbing when actual meter is not yet available
- Temporary filler when meter is taken out for testing or repair
- For flat rate billing when preparation for future metered service is anticipated
Custom Builds available (contact us for pricing):
- Idler tube with tap in the middle for attaching hydrophone leak detectors, gas tracing, pressure gauge, Hose Thread outlet, or other device.
- Idler tube with gate or ball valve in the center
- Plugged Non-flow through version
We Also Recommend